Saturday, January 29, 2011

My cool trip to Oaxaca Mexico
















I just got back from my trip to Oaxaca. I went to a knife maker. He made Arnold Swachenegers sword for a movie he was in. I bought a knife and he engraved it. All his knifes are made out of recycled materials. We also went to a wood carver and he has pieces in museums all over the world. He invited me to come live with them and learn how to carve. I really want to do this, but my mom said I have to wait until I am 12. He let me carve an Iguana out of a tree branch. We also went to Monte Alban, and I have to do a report about this. All in all I had fun in Oaxaca.









1 comment:

  1. What an awesome trip you had, Jack!! Your carving and knife are sooooo cool!! Dylan would have loved the experience you had ~ how cool that you parents are considering you moving there when you are 12 - wow!!

    Glad you are having fun while learning - that's the best way, yes? Please take care of your Mom for me...you are getting to be such a big boy - I think the water and fresh air are making you grow faster - whattya think?! ;)

    Hugs,

    Lara

    ReplyDelete